Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Book Is Just That...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 25, 2003 00:15:30 UTC

a book, it is a reference. something to record the information as neither jesus, nor mohammed wrote it down to give to their followers. they preached and insisted that they remember for themselves first.

the quran mean recitation: its to be recited not merely read. when you recite, there is a specific way each letter is marked to preserve the way it is to be sounded out, it is called tafseer. its calming and relaxing, very close to chant. i would like to map out the tones and such to get an idea if there is any psychological or equative relevance.
the idea is that once you think about the verses and your life in a peaceful open minded state, the truth of the simplicity and beauty of your life will just come to you. a guided life does not require hundreds of vague and amibiguous and manmade laws as it were if people would just understand and accept their nature and be responsible. we need to practic self control to gain control of self, just like anything else, our true gift as humans. why should training for the mind be different than anyother training. the books hope to record knowledge, history and poetry, each of these has their own affect upon the total person. there are different ways to find peace, invariably the best way is to just flat out "accept the truth" as you cannot deny it. your father dies, accept it, you may mourn but you must accept it or itwill haunt you and break you down (that is way the lord administers your punishment, the effect of poor action. it happened, it is the "way of the universe" why fightthe current in which you float, youll only exhaust yourself and reduce your time and enjoyment ofthis world.
reading scripture is fun for me, i think the way they write, the words by themselves mean little to me.
but by far the best thing about the book format, youcan read it for yourself. no other can impose his/her opinion on at least the text. its is for everyone to know for themselves, just lookwhat heppens when someone else tries to tell you what you believe. even yanniru would have convinced me that i was some kind of evil, unloving savage if i did not know for myself.
read our consititution, very enlightening and beautiful, im hard pressed to believe that this is what the compilers of that document intented.
that what is being sold to us, is what is being said.
the truth is from your mind only, dont get it second hand from anyone. even abraham resisted his father, this was unheard of at the time. but he couldnt help but believe waht he knew, he was a believer not a thinker, conviction and open-hearted and unwavering faith in that conviction is so freeing, iadmit at times i lose it for whatever thingthat may happen, but i remind myself that this is it, the thruth is everywhere, the scripture just hopes to highlight it in a world of noise. i cant begin to tellyou.(isnt that funny) heh hehe

peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins