Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Didn't Call You That. I Asked If You Were, Ironically

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on February 24, 2003 08:27:06 UTC

Regarding the commie egghead comment: if you can't deduce what I am saying when I have stated it plainly in good faith, in writing, how can you be sure that you understand what the writers of the Bible meant?
I did not call you a commie egghead.

Brian wrote:
"...most of the clamor over overpopulation seems to come from the same people who are big into the Kyoto Treaty and the movement to institute a global court system."

I don't take my cues from who said it. It's true. You can devise solutions to it that are different from your ideological adversaries. You don't like treaties and world court? Propose something else, please.

Brian:
"IMHO this goes for some of the other pending apocolyptic enviro scenarios."

"Your humble opinion" does not outrank good strong information. You cannot cite good enough
arguments to convince me if you do not even know the basic facts.

Brian:
"BTW, if you take the total available land mass on the planet and divide it by the current human poulation, what do you get?

I can of course answer this.
Please define "available" land mass. Do you include mountain slopes and tundra? Do you include the Sahara desert? Should farmland be considered "available" for future urban expansions of humanity?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins