Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Muslim, Right?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on February 14, 2003 04:51:14 UTC

You sound very open-minded. I have a few muslim friends in my past and I almost converted once. I just think it is good to hear a member of Islam speak of something other than fatwas and jihads. A lot of the people I know believe Islam is a religion of hatred, whereas I think that all of those people have a good reason to feel the way they do about America(don't get me wrong; I don't think that people should die for any reason, especially religion). I just know that religion is basically submission. You give yourself up completely and faithfully to something you can't prove and you follow rules made by Someone you can't prove exists.

In America, freedom is more important than religion. That is why these people hate us(that isn't why they all hate us, but it is a good chance that is why osama does). Our country has the most freedom, but from a religious point of view we are the most sinful country.

Just my thoughts.

Chris

Follow Ups:

• yep - murat - February 14, 2003 - 09:38 UTC
Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins