Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Universe's Mind

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Phillip Martin on February 13, 2003 23:38:13 UTC

I have a moment away from my studies, so I will pose a question I've been thinking about for discussion.

I have mentioned that I think of the universe as one large computer, although I have not thought too long or hard about it. Our brains function like powerful computers (in general, the bigger the brain, the more powerful it is). I was wondering what some of you think about the universe itself being God, would it make sense or be agreeable to your religion? It makes sense to me, and it would explain a lot, the rules that I know of, and it would be a theocratic belief. Forever I will live in God's mind. We are but figments of God's imagination, yet as real as existence itself. It would also agree with many of my ideas, the universe as a computer, collective conciousness, and many more smaller ideas.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins