Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Allow Me To Apologize In Advance For The Following

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 13, 2003 21:48:20 UTC

im not sure of what you mean, but in some ways that is my generic answer to such a question. theology is based on the philosophy of scripture and faith, both of which is hopelessly entrenched in one's own experiences and thought patterns. for instance, there are those that read scripture and transfix the words to their own understanding of the term, than there are those that try and understand the mind and reason of the writer(of the era and circumstance), then there are those that search for patterns in the writing, and im sure there are more. for instance, take the mention of the word lord as an example. the closest thing that many see to one who is in willful control of own's actions and domination of surroundings is a human. so many will perceive the lord as human-like. they will take words as "image" and "hand" and afix there own experiences with the terms to the end of drawinf a pre-existing picture. this is psychologically satisfying and somewhat rational to them. but i doubt a physicist would agree, as a physicist has his/her own ideas of our make-up.

take for instance my interpretation of "angels". it turns out that angels came from the hebrew malachim (spell chk).. which was derived from the greek word for gods, kings or more identifiably, stars. my most common experience is with stars, so i plug in the idea to the scripture.

"stars" in the place of "angels"
-there are millions of stars that live in the heavens of which there are seven
-the stars are the lord's expeditors of will
-the lord does not commune with people (subject to interpretation) accept with stars
-the stars set up the world we live in
-the stars have wings by which they fly about the skies
-the stars bring messages of the lord to people
-satan (aka lucifer the sun god) is a star that had fallen to earth and "created" life on it
(incidentally i think there is a very valuable lesson to be learned of idol worship and imperialism but save thatfor another time)

now the question stands, what are stars? they are producers of the vital energies that are required to power and move the things in the universe. they recycle matter to emit all sorts of radiation. note that there are seven levels of heaven and seven levels of radiation (visible, uv, x, gamma, infrared, micro, radio i believe). within these levels there are countless frequencies. now i dont really draw a distinction between heat/freq/energy so in essence the angels are these things. the wings are possibly a reference to an angels ability to maintain its "heavenly state" or frequency. the idea that once satan was the lords favorite angel on earth until "man" says to me that life on earth directed by primitive impulses (lust, greed, wrath etc.) was just fine, until the emergence of a being that was too good at fullfilling these desires till the point of, well till this current point in human history. a murderous or envious animal with access to bio and nuclear capability is in itself a testament to why "the devil" is not very welcome amongst humankind. im not sure if i should go on, for i know not when to quit sometimes. but i hope i came close to answering your question without overshooting

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins