Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
May I Add Some Input

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on February 8, 2003 03:47:52 UTC

You Had Wrote:

"However, the question is why would God create such a universe where a Devil is needed?"

Well, I am two-faced about this.

My first face will tell you that it is a simple concept. Without Bad, who would notice the Good, and who would be able to tell the difference.

Is that it? Who knows...

My second face. (here it goes)

Personally, I do not believe in the devil. I only believe in GOD. Which, by the way, does not mean that I don't know the difference between Good and Bad. I do.

But, to me, Good and Bad is a perspective thing. One who sees something as Good, might be viewed, and most likely is, by another as Bad. I am for certain, as sure as we breathe now, that this holds true to this very day. We are Infidels to those who do not understand our way of life, and likewise, we, cannot/don't understand those people who see us as Infidels. We simply, live and let live. And they do not. This is a perfect example.

We will always have variances between the perceptions of Good and Bad (Evil if you will), and the actual true variances of Good and bad themselves. Degrees of... etc.

To me, Stopping one's life is wrong. Which by the way, wrong, is not necessarily bad.

I believe firmly, that GOD did create us, the heavens etc., but that GOD does not punish, and will not destroy us. I firmly believe that GOD loves, and lets life live at will.

The teachings of GOD, whether handed to us by GOD or by our fellows relating to GOD in some form or fashion, are simply teachings that convey how to get the most out of life, but on life's terms. GOD's teachings are simply a guideline or suggested guideline.

Man kills man. Man treats man terribly. And on the same token. Man loves man, and man shares with man.

Does GOD punish? No. We punish ourselves.

We, as a race, will decide for ourselves at one point in the future, that bringing about our own destruction is pointless.

I think, it is just our radical way of trying to understand each other, and looking for the acceptance by our fellow man. Gaining our sense of being. We just go about it in the oddest of ways.

That is all.

Sincerely,

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins