Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"you Realize Of Course" IS NOT An Accepted Form Of Proof

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on February 7, 2003 20:55:09 UTC

R wrote:
"I wrote for the typical Christian who believes that there is only ten commandments. For a Jew like Jesus, there are 613 commandments. You of course realize that Jesus was talking about all the commandments, not just the ones that Christians have retained from the original 613. I apologize."

Hi. So you have decided that the guy who said he came into the world "to bear witness to the truth" made no explicit reference to the number 613. In all his quoted statements, he makes only this one indirect reference to that hodgepodge. During his life he overturned the tables in temple and was condemned by those who brandished the laws of Moses. Your evidence for any of this is too slim. In case you wonder, I do not have a prejudice against what you suggested. Rather, I am open to where the information, both literary and personal, will guide me. I don't think Jesus was more Jewish than he was cosmic. I think he proposed ideas whose development is more like a gentle science of social and personal living than like the early dogmas of his cultural background.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins