Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Health. The Slowest Rate At Which One Can Die.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on February 7, 2003 06:55:13 UTC

Yes,

To lengthen the journey. That is the key.

We will push to increase the distance between birth and death, and I would imagine, in the long run, probably only accomplish the distancing for a very few or small percentage. As a matter of fact (I think) our difficulty (challenge) lies not in widening the birth/death gap on the current set of diseases etc, but in prevention of diseases that we have not faced yet.

I mean, that is a lot of work, and a very hard thing to tackle.

Look at HIV/AIDS etc.

Before that was around (or prominent), we may have not had a great grasp (view) into cancer, but I think for 99% of other life-threatening ailments, we have advanced pretty far. Then, HIV/AIDS pops up, and it has to date, according to reports, consumed what would be equivelent to the entire continent of Australia within a decade and a half or so. OUCH! And in the disease prevention/fighting arena, we have probably taken a giant leap back due to HIV/AIDS alone.

It sucks, but that is part of life.

Of course, with respect to HIV/AIDS, we hope we might hear out of someones mouth someday.

"AIDS? I don't want to catch that Language Removed again?"

Let's hope

Rob

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins