Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bible Mythical Creatures

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on February 5, 2003 03:55:48 UTC

Don't believe everything you hear. Your references from Job do not sound anything like a dinosaur:

41:19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
41:20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
41:21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

This sounds very much like a description of the mythical monster known as the dragon. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is not the only biblical reference to such mythical creatures:

Malachi 1:3: "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the DRAGONS of the wilderness."

As far as I know, dragons are not the only mythical creatures mentioned in the Bible:

Isaiah 34:7: "And the UNICORNS shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls, and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."

Don't have faith in everything you hear in the Bible, especially when it is verifiable as false.

Thanks and all best wishes.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins