Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Right And Wrong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Chris Duncan on February 4, 2003 03:18:16 UTC

I don't know if any of ya'll remember me, but I am an old poster here. I have had something on my mind for the last few weeks. I was thinking about right and wrong. You see, what is considered to be right and what is considered to be wrong was determined by God. The things that He thinks are bad are sins.

The first sin we know of was committed by Lucifer. He basically told God was that He was good enough to be God too. This first sin recieved a horrible punishment-- to be stuck in hell for all of eternity.

The next two sins we know of were committed by to completely innocent people...They had NO idea of the consequences. They recieved an extreme punishment too. Eve was to have to go through more pain when giving birth; They were kicked out of the garden of eden; and they were both sentenced to death(they were most likely eternal in the garden). We aren't even sure if the first to humans went to heaven or to hell.

And the most important thing of all: The worst punishment that God gave Adam and Eve was that all of his punishments would carry down to their decendents. So we get punished for something we didn't do. Is this the "rock" that we want to found our moral decisions on?

After Jesus came, all you had to do to get to heaven was believe. You could've killed. It doesn't matter. All you have to do is believe Jesus is the Son of God and the only way to get to heaven and your in. Can you see the double standard? Why were they treated so unbelievably harsh when they had no idea of reality, sin, or anything bad, but we who live in sin every day only have to want forgiveness and ask for it to go to heaven?

I am only trying to look at this from a logical point of view. I just am looking at the way God treated the first of humanity and the way He treats us now...hypocracy comes to mind if the bible speaks the truth.

Warm Regards,

Chris

P.S. I love it when I think of something logically incorrect about the bible that I can throw in the fundamentalists' faces.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins