Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More OK

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 2, 2003 13:27:11 UTC

First of all, I want to mention my error in the first OK post. I implied that we would know about a third type of matter that had characteristics of both Dark Matter and ordinary matter. Well, there is a third type and we know about it.

Superconductors and superfluids like He near absolute zero have the quantum coherent properties, like being frictionless and behaving like a single particle, of a Bose-Einstein Condensate, which is just what the axion condensate or superfluid is, if it indeed exists. It has not yet been detected.

That aside, it seems clear to other scientists that Dark Matter was generated in the big bang. My personal view is that it was generated when the ten dimensions required to form fermionic matter in string theory compactified to 4 dimensions with the particles connected by strings. In subsequent collisions of the 4-D particles, or certainly by the time particles and anti-partickes recombined, the string connections broke and precipated into 4-D space as axions without any inherent motion.

Black holes are a possible constituent of dark matter. If there are enough of them they could be all of dark matter. But this seems unlikely and it would also be unlikely that they would have a spherical distribution around galaxies as dark matter does. They,the black holes,if they existed to that extent, would probably be so attracted to each other, that they would collapse into a giant black hole in each galaxy.

If anything, axion or WIMP type dark matter would generate black holes from self-collapse. The fact that axions do not self collapse is one of the mysteries of astrophysics.

Thanks for the questions.

Regards,

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins