Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Congratulations

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on February 1, 2003 02:48:39 UTC

I agree with you whole-heartedly. I have tried in the past to prove the "fundies" wrong when we argued over the size of the ark and how many animals could actually live on it and be sustained for "40 days and 40 nights". Some of the wackos at this forum tried to tell Mike and I that not only was a pair of every animal currently alive on the ark, but a pair of every dinosaur was on the ark as well(not to mention the gargantuan amount of food it would take to feed them for more than a month). On top of all of that, I asked the fundies if they thought that Noah and his family taking care of hundreds of thousands of different species of animals for more than a month was a reward. Because if that was a reward, I would have happily died in the flood. If my creator told me a month of hard labor on a little wooden boat was a reward for being good, I would ask him if he knew where to stick it. And yet, the fundamentalists never learn a damn thing. All I wanted was for them to do as you said and drop the details and just go with what Jesus said and follow Him.

Warm Regards,

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins