Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Occasionally Reminded That I Can Be Controlled

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 24, 2003 12:59:51 UTC

Robert,

A recent example.

Last Monday, Martin Luther King Day, was a very windy day in Boston. Over the weekend while at a gig in Michigan, I had received two checks in the mail for a First Night drumming gig in Somerville, one for me and one for Pat. Pat is short of money, so I decided to bring him the check forthwith. So I put both checks into the astronomy book I was returning to the library (Kirschner's book on Dark Energy) and went out to the car. Two inches of each check was sticking out of the book.

As I was unlocking the car, holdinbg the book rather solidly, I thought, when a stiff wind came up, fluttered the checks, and pulled them right out of the book. At least one of them flew right over my head.

In a panic I put the book into the car and noticed that my check was sitting on the floor of my car. But Pat's check was not In the car.

Closing the door to cut my losses, I searched all over the yard and the road and the driveway for that check.

Then finally giving up and deciding to pay Pat out of my account and get another check for the lost one, I dejectedly walked back to the car. Just as I got to the car another wind blew Pat's check to right in front of the car door I was walking to.

Coincidence perhaps, but that seems to be how the cosmos works. In this case the cosmos or god, or some lessor disembodied spirit, was playing tricks, perhaps as a reminder that they also exist and have some influence on us.

Regards,

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins