Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Memories Reprise

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on January 24, 2003 02:54:29 UTC

Once again, it is my belief...

That we are not controlled in any way shape or form. We simply exist.

If there is control of some type, that it is the type of control governed only by the limit of how we are as a human being. If there is something that we are not capable of doing, then, we are simply not capable of doing it. Other than that, I believe, that we are capable of doing anything we set our minds and hearts to accomplish.

I do think GOD exists, but that he does NOT control us. If, and I am not sure (only because I was not there), that GOD has designated a being or group of beings to convery his/her "Word" then that is what has happened. People will convey to others what they believe to be the truth or what sounds internally comforting. They will externalize it. You have conveyed what you believe is to be the truth (or what sounds right).

We, as humans, have always wanted to explain our existence and purpose to ourselves and others. We want foundation and direction.

Question:

In the billions of years that we (our Earth, the solar system, tangable universe, and our own selves) have existed do you think it is possible that in the 6 to 10 thousand years that man (and I'm not sure how long) has been around, that it is conceivable that we have any clue as to exactly where we have come from and where we are going. I say that we have no idea where we have come from or where we are going. The only thing for sure that we know 100% is.

We Exist...

I do believe that GOD has put us here, but that is all. I do believe that one of the soul purposes of our being is to share with one another everything that we are, aren't, will be, and won't be. We are human. We communicate, share, love, hate, and simply live. Maybe that is all we are, and will ever be.

It could be that simple. And to know that the simplicity that I refer to is the most complex thing we can comprehend and deal with.

==============================================

I believe in GOD. As a matter of fact, being Jewish, I only believe in one GOD. Our religion teaches that GOD teaches and guides us (not controls) through his teachings. Yes, there are commandments.

I happen to have dug deaper in my heart and have come to the above stated beliefs. Right or wrong, those are my beliefs. As a matter of fact they are neither right or wrong. They are just simply beliefs.

Destiny is only where we end up (as I quote a line in a movie [don't remember which], but I do believe it is just that).

Ask yourself this.

If GOD controls us (directs us), then is GOD responsible for the hate and wars (human complication and disturbances).

I think only man can do that to him/her-self. Directed only by us alone.

I envision GOD to be a loving and nurturing existence and that GOD does not command defense against people who do not believe or do not follow his/her word. Nor does GOD direct how we should live our lives.

If GOD did, then he would have created man/woman to think the same, not have his/her own thoughts, avoid the wars, and simply be perfect robots.

Can we just simply exist. Can we just be. Can we accept that we are put here and to just live.

Can we...

Sincerely,

Robert Garfinkle

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins