Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Response, For What Its Worth

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 21, 2003 13:43:50 UTC

Martin:I believe that there is no creator, but that all gods exist and that they control our daily lives.

Ruquist:In agreement, except that by controlling our daily lives they also control an ongoing creation process. However, for the most part they leave us alone. Every now and then they do something to our daily life just to demonstrate that they exist. And more infrequently they provide disasters that change the course of history. But for the most part they just let nature take its course. From the results of Genetic Engineering, which you can read about in this month's Scientific American, nature can accomplish almost everything on its own without intervention.

Martin: Gods only have power because at least one person in history thought they did. ...Therefore, gods are but stereotypical schemas in our minds

Ruquist: No. I believe that the gods, all the way up to the ultimate male/female, good/evil God are real and can influence us and all of nature if they choose. However, they do so in accordance with the principle of minimization of energy expenditure. So the easiest way to influence human life is through our intuition and thoughts, and sometimes by just talking to us- direct revelation. So in practice their means of influence is close to your belief except that I think they are real and actually exist in Dark Matter.

You say that a collective consciousness exists. Well it has to exist somewhere, like in Dark Matter. And if a collective consciousness can have a separate real existence, it is a short step to the concept that separate intelligent beings or gods can also exist in the same medium.

Martin: Birth is the point at which our brains activate. Death is the point at which our brains deactivate

Ruquist: Bravo. Life and death must be defined consistently and the lack of brain waves is the current medical definition of death. I wish the courts and the church would come to realize this. It would solve the major abortion question of when life begins.

Martin:During life, it was always known what we would do, and when we would die.

Ruquist: No. I believe in free will, a gift of the gods so to speak. With free will we are free to make choices. As a result neither the gods nor the universe knows exactly what will happen. Evidence of this can be found in biblical prophecy. John's Revelation is the best example. His prophecies have multiple outcomes. That is because of human free will, he and the gods he communicated with could only see all the possibilities. And so he could only predict those possibilities.

There are two main predictions in Revelations- somewhat like your 0 and 1- either WWII was the last global war and we are entering the 1000 years of peace, or the world will blow itself apart in a global nuclear WWIII. If you read closely you will see that both prophecies are there.

So the main difference between our beliefs is that I think the gods are real and I think they exist in Dark Matter, and I have a physics theory supported by subjective experience (like remote viewing, OBE, NDE, ADE, apparitions, etc.) that suggests how consciousness and intelligence can exist in Dark Matter. It is being published in the Quantum Mind 2003 conference in March of this year.

Dark Matter is derived from astronomical observations. So this forum is the logical place for a discussion of it.

Regards,

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins