Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Copy Of Mike's Email

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 21, 2003 12:57:30 UTC

Here is a copy of Mike's Email just for completeness. My only concern with what Mike is doing is that he has intervened in a thread having an interesting discussion of Genetic Engineering with his own personal vendatta against me.

Dear John,
Many happy returns to you. I hope all is well enough
with you and yours.

Since I cannot access your forums,
I wonder if you feel I have done something wrong.
At http://www.astronomy.net/about/contact.html
I see a reference to profanity. I applaud your interest
in your high quality web site being free of poor quality
conversation.
It might be very helpful to know what you consider profane. To me,
chronic intellectual dishonesty is very profane. It sets the same
example for children that the Communist party sets for their
children. But I do not know if this is the kind of profanity you mean.
To some Muslims, all western culture is profane. Personally, I
do not think Mad Magazine is bad for children to read.
I hope all is well there and hope you will reply.
Sincerely,
Mike Pearson

Mike has been doing this to contributors on this forum ever since he came on board about a year ago. As a result he has driven many serious contributors away. So my opinion of Mike is that he is just a nuisance. Sometimes he actually makes a thoughtful contribution. But never on physics or astronomy. Most of the time he is just harping. And quite often he resorts to slander.

You all will soon come to recognize all the different names he uses for the content is quite similar. In the past, his most mature contributions were made under the name 'quiet' for some reason that I do not understand. So for sometime now I have been urging him to be quiet.

I look forward to his response to the post, and promise myself never to respond to his Emails again.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins