Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Old Age...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on January 5, 2003 18:26:37 UTC

"Why just a few people? Why doesn't this happen anymore? Several people living to such old ages, then nothing?"

People lived that long for a long long time about 1,500 years (From the creation till the flood) So a huge number of people lived that long. This would also mean that people could have a lot more children! If the average age from that time was, let's say 700 years, that would mean that women could healthly give birth to children for 233 years!!!

To your more direct point it was not just a few people the bible just lists the ages of people who were directly ancestors of Abraham. Basically From Adam to Noah the Noah to Abraham.

If one carefully studies the Bible one finds that the ages of humans slowly decress till they reach present day standards. In Genesis God says that the days of man will be 120 years, this might be a punishment since most of mankind was evil in those days. I know your thinking that people never reach that age either, well that is true however, look at society and you will know that it is not healthy. The reason is alot of what a voluntarily out in our bodies. How many years of your life are taken away by the daily consumption of flourine? Pesticides constenly are in our foods and in us and all sort of growth hormones are in our foods. One can see that our life spans are so short because of what we put in our food and not really the food it self. Most nutritonal vaule in beard is gone since what was nutrious also makes it rot.

That is why.

"You did not offend me, your post was a valid and justified reply. I welcome those."

Hurray!

"The people who date, classify, and organise all of the data. They determine if the events recorded in historical documents happened, and what exactly happened (judging by the evidence they find)."

That is a problem in it self becuase as much as the Church stoped idea of the Sun in the center of the solar system. The "Church" of established science does the same thing. It took them years before the excepted that the Trojan War was real. It took them much longer to believe that the bible was right in anything and yet they would looked at othe religious documents from the same time and say well that is what happened here because that is what the ancients wrote down.

Even today when most archeoligist look for the ancient cities they take any "evidence" that goes against the Bible and it is championed and published.

Howerver I must admit that it isn't as bad as it used to be. I also don't expect them to prove every miricale in the bible (that is impossible to do by archeological means) But I do expect them to prove that the history portion of the bible is true.

-Aaron V

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins