Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Most Who I Know Are Just Afraid Of Changing Their Minds.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on January 4, 2003 22:12:02 UTC

"I had already argued she was probably feeling
deeply intimidated. You did not dispute that,
though Aaron did."

True, but only because I didn't have the time. I think it happened because her mind was readily able to change. She was willing, not intimidated. At least thats what I gathered.

"I do not assume that all the religious persons have even examined the question.
They have been discouraged from doing so. They
are intimidated."

I agree. I think it is because they are afraid of change, although I don't blame them. I would be, too. The older people would be hardest hit, and are therefore more resistant to asking questions (as far as I see it). From my discussions with other people, it seems that boys in their early teens begin to question what they have been brought up to believe (or what they gather from society, etc.). Most stop after a while, mainly because of two reasons. 1. They get into stuff they see as 'way over my head.' 2. They find information that seems to contradict their beliefs too strongly. This seems to be the case with almost all people I meet. They are just afraid of change.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins