Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Enoch

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on January 4, 2003 04:47:38 UTC

The reason the whole moon thing would have to be wrong is simply because Enoch would have been 6 when Methesulah his son was born, this is if we tranlate the years into moon phases. Know if somebody was making this up I don't think they would be that dumb after doing all the other in such detail too.

I do believe that if it is in (wow four 2 letter i words in a row) the Bible than it is true. However, one must make sure that what the your reading Bible says is not a tranlational error.

I do also beleive that just because it isn't in the Bible than that doesn't mean it is false either. (Aliens and other stuff comes to mind.)

"I am talking about only the ignorant ones, the blind followers."

Do you mean follows just because the religion says something or follows because they don't understand the teachings.

"Judging by the number of conflicting religions and their followers (mostly blind, I fear), I don't see change coming anytime soon."

Well christainity is the largetest religion and keeps gain the most members, my denomination Assemblies of God is the third largest growing religion in America and Largest in the World. (So I guess I'm happy) But I also agree that untill one has one religion the world will still be in termoil. However, I don't think a combinations of religions would work to well either since many people (like me) would never consider join such a fake religion. I know personally a truth that only one is correct.

I am not sure. I know I was suprised, but I don't know why. Perhaps it was because I thought he would use an unbiased or 'scientific' source (being a world civ class), as opposed to a religious one.

By 'scientific' so you mean historical like ancient texts? Even though the texts from other ancient civilizations are also biased? Personally I think it is almost funny that some people would refuse to beleive the Bible because it is religous yet they would qoute some ancient babalyonian document that has refrences to this God or that as completly reliable.

-Aaron V

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins