Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Point Mike..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 20, 2002 11:19:42 UTC

I merely say a thing is right or it is not.

That is far from being an absolutist trying to force my beliefs on others. I believe in freedom of speech and religion. I agree with debate.

And I have those rights to proclaim my beliefs as much as anyone else.

I'm not about to erect any recycleable fireproof stakes in this day of conservation.

And I say there is still correctness within limits of wander, as with Deming's Quality Control techniques. If the O-ring on Challenger had been overbuilt, that would have been just fine.

And what is correct for a young single pregnant woman to do in her life, is probably not what is correct for me to do in my life.

"Thou shalt not kill", is rather a comprehensive statement. How shall we interpret it?

"Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword." Who wields the second sword? Do they all kill each other? Or does a farmer not make his living by the sword, so he is allowed to kill the others with a sword? Where does that leave cops and defensive soldiers? Am I to bare my throat to the invader? Do we just accept 9/11, clean up the mess, and go on about our work, letting come what may? (I'm talking now about rational people, not my Canadian government.)

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Does this mean I should cringe in fear at the conundrum of having to go to work to make some money to feed my family? But apparently HE'S the one Who booted us out of the Garden, and told us that's exactly what we had to do. So what?- He's God so He gets it both ways?

I have a life to live. If JC really does come back, I have some rather pointed questions for Him.

And if and when I get to the Other Side, and Someone sits in Judgement of Me, I'll be submitting My own evaluation of "Them", whatever "Them" means. I just hope I can get My foot high enough to kick His Nuts right out His A-hole.

No Brucy,...I am not on a mission from God.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins