Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Chris, My Thoughts Exactly

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Raymond Redbourne on November 20, 2002 10:46:16 UTC

One of the Commandments is to: have no graven images before Me. Or something like that. The Bible is not the Word of God, but rather a literally engraved image;- assuming it was originally the Word.

There are many religions, all with their bibles of whatever name. I had the Bible and Koran, and read some of the Eastern Writings.

There is even the Satanic Bible by a ranter named Anton da Vey (spelling?). I have The Black Arts, Summoning Spirits, The Lesser Key of Solomon the King, Aleister Crowley's work, etc.

There are Commandments, but no apparent Commander. So we are free to take what we want, and leave the rest.

I have seen many excellent writings, for instance from Baha lua (wrong spelling) of the Bahai, and Maurice B Cooke (pen name) of Toronto. I have also A Course In Miracles, which I consider super-excellent.

I think God knows what is right for me, but like any good father, knows that I require independence, if I am to grow as a mature spirit in my own right.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins