Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Adam Was Or Was Made From A Female

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on November 20, 2002 05:37:10 UTC

[QUOTE]
Eden was not reputed to be heaven, precisely, was it? And surely they had to be aware of their "physical side" already to maintain their metabolic functions?
[/QUOTE]

I don’t know the difference between heaven and Eden, if there is any. In fact, a verse in the Quran negates that metabolic function and our physical body was a constraint in heaven:

"In it (heaven) for you, that you do not be hungry nor physically harmed” [Quran 20:118]

Of course, it is impossible to not feel hungry or physically harmed unless one is somewhat detached/unaware of the physical body.

[QUOTE]
You say "Adam and his spouse." How about "Eve and her spouse?" The only reason we talk about this stuff is to debunk it, I think. But part of the bunk comes from the way atheists interpret it...not only religionists.
[/QUOTE]

How about “Adam and her spouse?” In Arabic and in the Quran, the masculine is also used for both gender neutral and feminine while feminine is only used for feminine.

In fact, there is indication in the Quran that the female was created first:

He is who created you from one (female) self, and He made from it her spouse/mate/husband … [Quran 7:118]

So there are two possibilities:
1. Adam was a female
2. Adam was made from a female

The only reason why I don’t mention Eve is that this name is not mentioned in the Quran.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins