Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here Is Scott Abernathy's Post Today And My Reply

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 8, 2002 04:33:57 UTC

He might have a drinking problem, marriage problem, or might even be Harv.
At http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/24508.shtml
Scott Abernathy writes about 23+ lines:
"How is it going buddy? Are you still working up the nerve to ask out that little haitian number you were telling me about yesterday? You know the one with the visible open and oozing soar (I assure that is normal.... in some places). Anyway..... to the rest of the forum, I do agree somewhat with the assertion that monopolistic religious regions are restricted in their commerce, but I do not believe in the idea that communism restricts free thinking. I think it may very well place restrictions on peoples views towards their governments in terms of total dedication without dissenst, but not free thinking. Look at the cold war Soviet Union. Lots of science (astronomy, physics, biology, ....) came out of the USSR during the reign of communism partly because there was no religious fundamentalism to impede its growth. No Pat Robertsons or other religious zealots denying scientific evidences to promote their own agendas. I think scientific discovery takes enormous free thinking and critical analysis, just not towards the government.
Just a thought, what do you think?"

He said "lots of science came out of
the USSR during the reign of communism..."

Not so. Open countries like the U.S. and West/Central Europe were where science "came out of." Not much science "came out of" the Soviet Union during that period because it was tightly protected.

There are many disturbing similarities between Christian fundamentalism and Communism.

There are many disturbing similarities between
some of the anonymous persons on this forum and
some of the folks who are spamming it.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins