Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Have Exposed Your Position Very Well

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 8, 2002 02:19:01 UTC

Aurino wrote:
"Something I don't understand. If the password was never changed, what were you bitching about? Could it be this whole thing was just a joke perpetrated by you yourself? I wouldn't be surprised, coming from you anything is possible."

Aurino is the one who said the password was never changed. However, I, Mike, did try the password after someone said they had changed it, and the password I had assigned did not work.
This supported the idea that someone had changed it. Strangely, several persons posted responses laughing about the password change, but nobody until Aurino said they had tried it and found it worked.
If, as Aurino said, I tried this, it would have been a ridiculous risk since all they would have to have done was try it and it would prove me wrong.
For Aurino to state the password "was never changed" suggests he is unaware how foolish that would appear. None of us could know whether the password was never changed. Once I posted the password, even I could not know if it were changed and changed back. Aurino apparently is not thinking clearly. Folks who would do things like this will do so because they don't know how foolish they will look and how easy it is to detect them. I have had a few dozen hours of coursework in network administration and I'm well aware that our passage across a website can be tracked. So I would never be so stupid as to
try to fool anyone, even if I had ever wanted to play this silly game. I have preferred to post science and "meaning of life" content to the site and defend myself against spammers and trolls.

But this is all foolishness.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins