Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Somewhat...Socrates, Diogenes & Others..& These 2 Are Political!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 6, 2002 18:42:28 UTC

Yes, I agree. The story of our new country, I am saying, began in ancient times
and finally emerged as new secular order --
Novus Ordo Seclorum, as it says on the dollar bill -- and signals a new era in human history -- but only if we MAY, but are not required to worship either
the secular king or the image of a religious King.
For many of us, that leaves us free to appreciate the masterfully skillful efforts described in Jesus' story. The medieval tortures were not done by followers of Jesus but were natural, like cats playing with their mice. Whether in his name or not, the only purpose of Jesus' words is to comprehend them, and what proceeds from there is an increasingly transcendent condition of mind, I think...without _requiring any assent.

It is eerie. In both stories there are:

A distant King...oppressive and capricious.
An occupying force of soldiers helping a distant King extract the wealth of the land.
In the time of Jesus, they were caught between
Herod, ostensibly Hebrew, and Tiberius, a secular King -- two kings at one time!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins