Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
About Tom And Ben

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Randall Terrell on November 6, 2002 16:32:20 UTC

I would think that neither Tom nor Ben were particular fans of Jesus. Perhaps of his teachings, but not him as the son of God. I have at home a copy of the "Jefferson Bible" where Jefferson recopied and reordered the bible accoring to his own tastes. (Talk about an act of hubris!) He put all the related stories together and took out all those things that he considered fantasy--particulalry the miracles. Jefferson undoubtedly liked the moral teaching of the bible, he just didn't like the supernattural stuff.

On another note, I'll try to pose some questions above, though they may not be related to the founding fathers.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins