Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Heard Elsewhere...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nicholas on November 1, 2002 04:12:43 UTC

I believe I've heard whispers of this idea elsewhere. Really, it shouldn't be too suprising if the native americans wiped out another group of people. The history of humanity is basically the story of who conquered who. The politically correct thing to do nowadays is to think of the native americans as kind and peace-loving, while the europeans are looked at as wicked invaders. In reality, though, all groups of people act pretty much the same when it comes down to it. If the tables had been turned, the native americans would have decimated the europeans.

Unfortunately, however, I don't think any of this kind of reasoning justifies genocide. Americans like me still have to live with the fact that we owe our comfort and luxury to a holocaust of epic proportions. It just makes me feel a little bit more comfortable to know that pretty much everybody else in the world does too. Let's just try to keep it from happening again.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins