Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Recently Met A Woman Who Was Raised As An Atheist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 31, 2002 13:07:11 UTC

Yet she has the biggest heart I have evr encountered. In fact, she is one of the most spiritual persons I have ever met.

Now perhaps her way to put 'meaning' into her life was and is to be kind to others. She has done this and she has done it without the benefit of religious dogma which more often than not just gets in the way by focusing your attention on the afterlife rather than this life. That focus tends to reinforce selfishness for all good deeds are ultimately done for yourself rather than being real giving.

So being raised an atheist has some advantages in my opinion. You learn by trial and error and perhaps by instinct that being kind and giving puts meaning in your life.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins