Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Creation Science True? Just Look At ICR Pages

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on October 26, 2002 14:39:14 UTC

"(s)He believes anything he reads"
is a lyric from "Crazy Miranda" by
Jefferson Airplane.
As evidence this forum is actively managed, we have only to believe what we read. But I have not seen John Huggins post anything in his name
for a long time.

Yaniru told me by email a couple of months ago
that the forum was being upgraded during a day when I could not reach the site. What have I since found
is the search engines NO LONGER work as far back in time, or for as many words as they did before.
Most likely, this is due to the host's inability to afford the memory that it required by the archives. I am still evaluating whether the archives are accurate and complete. Can the admin comment on this?
I am not criticizing the host or John Huggins for this, only noting my observation. I realize
the writer and maintainer of this site has a huge
project, and if he is doing so honestly, great admiration is deserved.

Last year, Yaniru was hosing me for being a "real-live anti-communist" (like other things he accuses me of being). Alexander, of course, was educated in a Muslim country within the Soviet Union, he said.
Regarding communism and the handling of records, I am reminded of how Stalin's government used to remove people from official photographs as they removed them from governments. Yaniru is so sure he is right about everything that he doesn't bother to use normal discourse. Eliminating
"bad messages" in the archive would tend to skew the record and actually there would be no way to
prove you had been fair in how you "sculpted" the archives.
Between Harv, Yaniru and a couple of others, folks do not answer my questions and analyses about God and Science.
Instead they accuse me of personal attacks and
go on about similar things of a political nature.
Yet if the archives are "sculpted," the tracks would be covered.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins