Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why The Statement Seemed Anti-semetic

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 26, 2002 12:34:18 UTC

The post entitled: "You are a Jew"

went on to describe me as a "lying bastard"

Using Mike's usual logic, which is the correct approach since he wrote the post- in order to understand what he meant- it seems to me that he was incriminating all jews with this slur. That is anti-semetic. If he only meant it for me and in spite of the title, was excluding all other jews in his mind, then it is merely defamation of character.

As an example of Mike's logic, he once posted that Alan Watts thought that jewish law reflected social custom. Using his weird logic he then accused me of worshipping social custom since I was a jew.

Just for clarification, I was baptized in the Pilgrim Church, comfirmed in the Episcopal Church, became an atheist at the request of an Anglican priest and studied Catholicism for 7 years. Later I then converted from atheism to Reform Judaism which lasted about a decade until I went bankrupt and could no longer afford the Temple dues. Then I practiced Buddhism and Hinduism, most recently (7 years ago)living in an Ashram until asked to leave for three different reasons. Seems that when god wants something to happen, he/she is quite redundant. Now I have my own practice which incorporates all the religions I previously practiced, but is based on physics as well as scripture. You can contribute taxed dollars to the Yanniru Foundation by clicking on www.bostonalarm.com

Mike's impression that I am a jew comes from my posts in response to the creationists posts. Frankly, I think its fun to point out how jewish Jesus was to creationists. Many of them are not sufficiently aware of the actual teaching of Jesus as opposed to the Paulist dogma. I clearly have a higher regard for the teaching of Jesus than the teaching of Paul even though it is evident that Paul rescued the church from the dustbin of history.

Now that this post has infuriated almost every group here I think I will close. But I have respected that original set of rules for this forum expressed by John Huggins posted by Phil above. I have engaged in personal attacks only when I have been attacked first. Be nice to me and I will be nice to you. The 'turn the other cheek' teaching of Jesus is difficult for me to adhere to. Most of the posters on this forum are better at this teaching than I. I will try to do it better.

yanniru

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins