Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Thoughts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 25, 2002 11:54:50 UTC

I read the whole thing.

I was amused that some scientists still accept the many universe thing. However, it is the only interpretation of quantum mechanics that allows self-consistent time travel as the universe you interfere with is never the one you came from.

But I do not accept the many universe hypothesis or the possibility of time travel. My basic objection to time travel is that god gave us free will in which we humans can change to future by our choices. But the past, seemingly cast in concrete, actually does not exist. Only the present exists. Time is just a means to analyze how the present is changing.

There is only one universe. There are no past universes or future universes. The fact that traveling clocks record the passage of time more slowly than stationary clocks is entirely a 'present' phenomenon. It all happens in the present. It's just that traveling clocks behave differently from stationary ones. It's not that time is behaving differently.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins