BTW- Thanks for the honest admission.
1. Yaniru stated earlier that he attended university with Alan Watts.
2. Alan Watts did write that part of our culture is based on the Jewish idea that social conventions are the laws of God.
***I do not know what Alan wrote. But I do believe tha the laws of Moses or God, as you wish, covered a number of items that might be considered social convention. Let's see if I can think of any off hand. a. resting one day a week; b. leaving the corners of your field unharvested so the poor can eat; c. returning all your family has acquired to the original owners every 50 years; and so on. These and many more are all part of the 613 commandments of god in the Torah.
3. Yaniru has stated that he is a Jew.
***I converted to Reform Judaism at age 40 after years of study of Hebrew scripture. However, the State of Israel does not recognize that I am a jew since my mother was a catholic.
4. Yaniru has been willing to discuss Jewishness
***I love Judaism, and think that Jesus was very jewish, a total jew, who was trying to reform Judaism, as Moses told us we should do. I accept the reforms of Jesus but not the dogma of Paul, which I think is largely a distortion of the teaching of Jesus.
5. I have been clear that I do not have ill-regard for Jews; in fact, I am still learning about them.
**Yes. But his regard for me is definitely ill.
6. Yaniru has stated that he is retired, with a PhD from Harvard, and worked in both science and humanities careers.
***No, only science and computers. I was a member of the Staff at MIT in its humanities Dept while protesting Star Wars, but was working on science at the time. At MIT even the humanities are rather scientific. I have a PhD in physics from Harvard with a thesis on electrmagnetic theory. I am now retired with a stipend from SSA and make extra money as a colonial drummer at Boston conventions,etc. (See www.bostonalarm.com)