Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Don't Misunderstand

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 24, 2002 17:04:34 UTC

Richard,

***The post you linked that comes closest to that suggests the possibility that god is responsible for all , and I mean ALL, that is happening in the world right now, in order to save the world from itself. This is quite close to what Harv has been saying.***

Just as a clarification, I am not saying that God is responsible for all that is happening in the world in the sense that God is directly responsible for every action and event. God created the world, in that sense he is responsible, but God also created the world within certain guidelines, some of those guidelines include natural selection which institutes random and often harsh realities in nature.

Could God have created the world such that these guidelines never allowed harsh actions to exist? I think the answer is no. God's will is such that certain things are necessitated, and must occur despite God's ideal will for the world. Some of those things are part of the more harsh realities around us. However, none of these harsh facts will or could prevent God from obtaining his will in the world. In that sense, God is working to correct the evils in the world, but only in a manner that is consistent with his will.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins