Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Subjective Idealism

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by littlefish on October 24, 2002 17:01:08 UTC

Dear Richard,
I will answer your questions soon. I went to Sydney and when I came back someone crashed into a power pole and caused a power-surge. That caused my computer's hard drive to mess up, which is a shame, because I had to get it replaced. But please don't think I'm on the back foot about this. While I waited for the computer shop to telephone, I checked in Fred Hoyle's book, Cosmic Life Force, to see if I could find the reference to the CMBR being formed by bacteria. I did not. What I did find, however, is the suggestion by Hoyle that the CMBR might be explained "if starlight in galaxies is absorbed and re-emitted as microwaves by dust particles that possess suitable radiative properties. We have searched for some time for suitable types of particles, and recently we have found that long, slender needles, made largely of the element iron, might fit the bill." (page117)

As you know, there's nothing that generates as much heat in an argument as the properties of cosmic dust. And so if I can't find the quote where Hoyle suggests cosmic bacteria are generating the microwave background, it's really not my faukt. Library books are inevitably due back but theory based on science marches on.

Please don't try and pretend that you don't know which big bang I'm talking about. That really is a joke. I cacked up laughing when I read that. Of course I'm talking about the big bang of creation that never was, the one that church-leaders and so-called scientists, unable or unwilling to abandon the religion instilled in them at birth, the big bang that they are wrongly teaching the children.

Big bangers and god lovers get most upset when the interpretation of the red-shift is questioned. And this is plain by your post. How else would the limb of our sun produce a red-shift if it were not a Compton effect? Of course our sun isn't speeding away from us.

In this debate please don't ask me to do your research for you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins