Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 24, 2002 02:50:49 UTC

"I would advise you to not use "KC2GWX" as your screen name any more, and to change it where possible."

Well I knew the risk before I took it. I tell other hams about this all the time. I guess I am just too trusting.

"LOL, you would have freaked. I have done that to people, its so fun. Anyway, I did it to see your reaction, and only expected you to ask me how I knew your dad's name."

I wouldn't have been too suprised. I have done this myself to other hams! On the internet, not on the phone. But the reaction is the same.

"Why should you trust me with that information? You shouldn't."

You are probably right. However, if anyone truly want my name badly, they could probably find it anyway. I could probably find your Dad's, like Allen, or something. A lot of hams use their calls for screen-names, I guess us hams are a trusting bunch.....

If I consider this later to be a problem, I will change it. But for now I will keep it. Thank you for your concern!

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins