Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Gods? We Don't Need No Stickin' Gods

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on October 24, 2002 00:42:30 UTC

"God is the 'driver' of the universe..."

Ahh, I remember the 'driver' discussions from when I first began to post in these forums a year ago. What ever happened to the Russian fellow... Alexander, if my memory serves me right?

"Depending how you define the term 'calculate'..."

I meant calculate in its most basic form. When this atom hits this one, they move like this, and gain this much heat, etc. The way I see it, the fact that any law can be proven means that the universe is based on laws, and that no law can be proven wrong. Where a law is a rule that is necessary to the functioning of the universe. To deny that is to deny that there are laws, which is, unless I am mistaken, the basis of religion. God is all-powerful, and can create and destroy all laws that He wants. That makes no law provable, under religions inwolving any god. Thus proving that either no God exists, or that he doesn't break laws.

"If you mean everything that exists or could exist or did exist..."

I meant 'everything that exists, existed, or will exist.'

I feel that we are discussing the fundamentals of our beliefs, and that, probably, we will not be able to discuss them much further because our opinions will be based purely on speculation. But, this may not be the case, who am I to know?

Warm Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins