Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Idea.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on October 22, 2002 01:21:35 UTC

(note the names that I use are mine and proably not what they are really called)

"when you throw a ball, it doesn't gain speed as it gets farther from you, it slows down"

True. But we see an exceleration of the growth of the universe.

The idea is that there is a "point of creation" or poc, the point at wich the universe began, and around this point time runs extermly slow in comparison to the rest of the universe. Then when you move away from the poc time runs a little faster since either 1. time is newer is this region and isn't slowing down. or 2. Space is exapanding faster is this region thus time also is running faster.

Please understand that this is how I understand the thoery, and vey few actual details were given out at the time I read up on it. So I can't answer real specific question nor can I garenty that my understanding of the thoery is complete.

I believe in 6 days. However this thoery would allow for a universe to be 6000 year old near the poc and 15-18 bilion near the edge. I really like this theory because it gets rid of the light problem the we creationist have.

-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins