Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Shall Be Shamed... But By Whom?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dave on February 27, 2000 20:37:23 UTC

: 10 commandments jesus said to follow thy fathers commandments. no place in the bible is there a description of what jesus looks like. paul wrote 2/3 of the new testement and said men with long hair shall be shamed.so i find the fact most churches are in violation of gods laws in fact make no images of me or my creation{10 comandments} we have false jesus with long hair in our churchs and bibles ect. leanardo de vinchy start the falseness.cathlics 700straight years have had only italian popes. whos winning ! This appears to be a word of warning directed at your fellow man, "A man with long hair shall be shamed" not " a man with long hair shall be shamed before god" I have very long hair, yet I don't feel any different than I did when I was little and it was short. The only difference is that male humans tend to be superficial and judgemental. God is not, he is all accepting, and I very much doubt that god would discriminate one man as less than another because of the length of his hair. One man in the bible was actually told by god not to cut his hair, he was given amazing strength and god said that it would be revoked if his hair was cut. In Paul's day, it was a rule of society that had developed, men with long hair were less man, but in fact god created hair folicles the way they are, not so that they would cease to grow hair after an inch or two. It is not written, "though shalt cut thine hair" it is just a little wisdom offered by a wise appostle. Perhaps Jesus' hair and beard were long, perhaps they werent, it is irrelevent, most people feel more comfortable seeing an image before them and god knows that, he made people. Christians often bear crosses to represent that the son of god was crusified before men to forgive us of our sins. It is not an idol, and it is not worshiped, catholicts, it wouldn't suprise me if the worshiped idols, what don't they think is just? They believe it is o.k to call a mortal human being father, and they bow before paintings and crosses to worship the mortal mother of Jesus, they only read certain areas of the bible, they ask a man to forgive them of there sins, as opposed to god, etc. etc. Don't pick at the word... for one who does not care to listen cannot hear, and one who does not look, will never see.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins