Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Oh, Yes. Happy Birthday; I Must Have Forgotten

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 20, 2002 02:57:39 UTC

Aaron wrote:
"I'm 18 and have already been accepted to college. If my post sounded (Looking back at it, it did) too condescending, (maybe) it was. I didn't want to trample on your thoughts just that I thought you were wrong, but I went about it in the wrong way. I'm sorry."

"A light release enables throwing the fastest pitch." I just heard that on the World Series
tonight. It is unnecessary to claim the other is "wrong." Just show me and let the argument speak for itself. What you have done in that argument is simply express an alternate view.
The idea that I am "wrong" is new with your latest post. You could actually try to make a case that my interpretation of the 10 Commandments was "wrong," but it would require more than simply stating an alternate version. It would be hard work! And while that may seem daunting, it may be necessary to work one's mind gently (ie. don't beat one's head against the desk) in order to be able to work hard, which in turn makes it possible to really think.
In one quarter in college, I turned in 150 pages of homework much of it in biology (counting a take-home test) besides taking a lot of other tests. And this was almost all using a manual typewriter or hand-printing.
So you know, I am not afraid to work, and to show me I am "wrong" you cannot be new to work.
Cordially (nt)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins