Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Only Chapter I Is Relevant

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on October 19, 2002 17:28:51 UTC

With the exception of Chapter I, most of the stories James Robson quotes about Jesus in chapters II-VII have been borrowed whole or embellished from Biblical traditions. Indeed, the same can be said about most Hadithic traditions, which have their basis in Biblical, Talmudic, Zoroastrian, and Pagan traditions and superstitions.

For example, chapter II begins by quoting a useless tradition describing Jesus’ appearance and skin color. I believe that this type of irrelevant and untrustworthy information doesn’t help us in rationally understanding religion or achieving salvation and borders on racism.

Although I don’t agree with some of James Robson’s translation of the Quranic verses, I believe that only Chapter I provides a more truthful and relevant description of Christ.

Thanks and all best wishes.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins