Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: What Is A Christian Anyway?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by tön on February 17, 2000 17:30:44 UTC

: I'm sitting here reading all this stuff about Christians, : mainly because I claim to be one ...I've had my downfalls : same as the other guy, but I'm thinking ..which is usually : dangerous for me...What is a Christian anyway? Jesus : certainly narrowed it way down when he described one. : He said that he that loves me will keep my commandments, : and if you love me you will love the brethren. By this, : He said, will the world know that you are mine, that you : love one another. If you were to ask the population of : the world, I wonder how many would say they are going to : heaven and are Christians? 70 % I think would be a good : number, yet Jesus said narrow is the way and straight is : the gate that leads to heaven and few there be that will : find it, and broad is the way and wide is the gate that : leads to hell and many there be that will go in. And, again : not all that saith unto me LORD LORD shall enter into : the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my : father. Then, we read on down to find out what the : Fathers' will is and it says to believe and trust on His : Son Jesus Christ, and bear much fruit. Either make the : tree good and its fruit good or make the tree corrupt and : the fruit corrupt....a tree is known by its fruit. A good : tree cannot bear thistles or thorns, and a corrupt tree : cannot bear good fruit. The corrupt fruitless trees will : be hewn down and thrown into the fire, because no tree : can bear fruit unless they are firmly planted and rooted : in the main source of life....Jesus. I guess that what : Jesus says a Christian is...one that's attached himself : to Him. Which means the old nature changes, attitudes : change, lives change, old sinful habits go away, and : fruit begins to be brought forth.:-) Have a good one folks! ____

Nice guy, but the way he is being presented sure makes him sound like one arrogant egomaniac.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins