Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Is A Christian Anyway?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Earl on February 17, 2000 07:12:14 UTC

I'm sitting here reading all this stuff about Christians, mainly because I claim to be one ...I've had my downfalls same as the other guy, but I'm thinking ..which is usually dangerous for me...What is a Christian anyway? Jesus certainly narrowed it way down when he described one. He said that he that loves me will keep my commandments, and if you love me you will love the brethren. By this, He said, will the world know that you are mine, that you love one another. If you were to ask the population of the world, I wonder how many would say they are going to heaven and are Christians? 70 % I think would be a good number, yet Jesus said narrow is the way and straight is the gate that leads to heaven and few there be that will find it, and broad is the way and wide is the gate that leads to hell and many there be that will go in. And, again not all that saith unto me LORD LORD shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my father. Then, we read on down to find out what the Fathers' will is and it says to believe and trust on His Son Jesus Christ, and bear much fruit. Either make the tree good and its fruit good or make the tree corrupt and the fruit corrupt....a tree is known by its fruit. A good tree cannot bear thistles or thorns, and a corrupt tree cannot bear good fruit. The corrupt fruitless trees will be hewn down and thrown into the fire, because no tree can bear fruit unless they are firmly planted and rooted in the main source of life....Jesus. I guess that what Jesus says a Christian is...one that's attached himself to Him. Which means the old nature changes, attitudes change, lives change, old sinful habits go away, and fruit begins to be brought forth.:-) Have a good one folks!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins