Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Logical Explanation Can Be Reconciled With A Religious One

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 17, 2002 14:37:25 UTC

Dear Paul,

I applaud your view expressed in the above title. My approach is also to recouncile scientific and religious thought. But I tend to do it in reverse. I find that scientific thought is often ambiguous and that religious thought can resolve the ambiguity.

My favorite example is Feymann's use of particles coming back from the future as a basis of his Quantum Electrodynamics (QED). The same theory can also be derived from a wave basis, but it is much more difficult. Here the existence of prophecy and free will in religion suggests that time goes only goes forward.

Another is whether gravitational fields ( or waves, same thing) exist. Einstein's General Theory of Relativity (GR) suggests that gravity waves do not exist but that instead space time is curved and dynamic. (e.g.,Black holes are where space is absorbed faster than the speed of light). All other theories postulate gravity waves in a flat space.

However, I do not know of scripture that clearly resolves this ambiguity.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins