Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ahh... A Variegated Forum, How Nice.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on October 16, 2002 22:24:11 UTC

"The lie I am talking about is the implied lie.
Since you were patient enough to sort out the subtlety this far, how about telling me whether it is not a lie to say Islam is merciful and imply they follow the Golden Rule, and then turn around and attack persons who are nice to them."

According to what I have heard...
Islam is threatened by the US, and feels that they have the right to feel that way. However, it has been said to me that "...the golden rule says to treat others how you would want to be treated, not treat others how they treat you." (or something ot that affect) Which leaves the question... If someone threatens you, should you do the same, in return? From my interpretation of the golden rule, the answer is no. But, that does not make it a lie. If a country is forced to do something, or face demise, it has to do something, even if it means to break the golden rule. The fact that a person (or what have you) breaks the Golden Rule does not mean that it does not follow it. The Golden Rule is a choice, but if it cannot be chosen in a situation, than it can't be chosen. That does not mean that it would not make that choice if it had the chance.

I appologise if much of that made little sense or has many errors, I have to leave. I will be back later to make additions if I see that I need to.

Warm Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins