Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: God Answers Prayers? I've Got My Fair Share Of Stones.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Earl on February 10, 2000 06:59:26 UTC

: I don't think I'm being rebellious towards God, because rebelling against something, implies that one initially accepts that this object of rebellion really exists. : I don't believe so, because the Christian God just plain doesn't make any sense in my view. : Offer a prayer? I believe that prayer (although well intentioned) doesn't get things done. Action gets things done.

: First off, i don't understand this free will business. What is it? define it for me. I've been told that free will is the simply the "ability to be corrupted by satan." Why? : 2nd (this is a classic argument): : a)sinners and saints have identical amount of free will (everyone does) : b)if God created us all saints, we could always have the choice to be corrupted, but would be inclined to choose good (because we're all saints). Thus the world would be much "nicer." : c)we are not all saints (boy is that an understatement) : Explain that to me?

: Finally, Okay, I'll offer a prayer anyway. "God, I only want one thing. Convince me that you exist." I've been asking him that one for years until I became an atheist.

: tenacious now predicts a counter argument: tenacious does believe in God (which is why he offered a prayer), but is simply rebelling against God. : Thank you for that psychological analysis. Say whatever U like, I'm not convinced that a Christian God exists (I'm almost sure of it).

:The simple fact that you say you became an athiest means you gave up. God done did his best toward us ....sent Jesus...and gives us gifts after we receive him ...you just stated you don't believe in him so to you he doesnt exist...but he does exist..tell me i don't exist...ill pinch myself and find out... do i have to prove to you i exist..or are you just reading words that created themselves ..possibly by a big bang in a small way....God gave us the Bible to tell us about himself...the whole of the scripture points toward one person all in all....Jesus Christ saviour of the world..in whom we have salvation and forgiveness....remember something if you don't pay no attention to anything else i've wrote...if i'm here .....sometimes we entertain angels unaware...... wouldn't you say if angels exist...then God has to exist....if you'd quit saying you're gonna be an athiest if God don't show himself to you...and saying all kind of mean stuff toward him...you'd probably get somewhere with him...remember he's the almighty ..he don't have to answer to anyone if he don't want to....we meet him on his terms...and he does love us......i've got a lot of little stories to tell how prayer was answered many many times, but folks like you tend to lean toward explaining Gods goodness away and try to render his credibility toward his saints ineffective...but it really don't we just believe right on anyway knowing what we know. It ain't like we got a hold on something that nobody else can't have...it's just that we're trying to give people the good news that you can......you have a lot of things in your life that prove God exists like ...for instance your insides....take for instance your spleen....have you got one? how do you know? you must know...because it must be working...does it take faith to know that? yep....blind faith... He's got simple ways to let us highly intelligent folks know that we don't know nothing compared to Him...And when we least expect it is when he answers. I wouldn't give up on God tenacious...yet..I don't reckon He's give up on you. You just ain't met Him yet...the Bible is true when it says "to him that knocks it shall be opened, and to him that seeks he'll find".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins