Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Who Are You To Say This?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 15, 2002 14:10:37 UTC

"Invalid analogy. I am not saying a philosophy is right or wrong. I am saying that rational reasoning is not deployed here, and it is aggrivating to have to justify rational thinking when obviously you have no concept to what is rational."

Your personal opinion is that to believe in noah's ark is irrational. My personal belief is that believing life arose, for no reason, at some random time, from non-living material, is irrational. I also believe you are irrational for believing that the universe started from nothing, at some random time. Should we both be removed from the forum? Why would one of our personal beliefs carry more weight than another?

Since I believe you are irrational, and you believe I am irrational, we should both leave, or both stay.

"I'll ask you again. Do you want a list of all the dinosaurs and mammals and insects that would have to fit on the Ark?"

I don't remember you asking me this before. But go ahead.

"I'm seriously thinking of leaving this forum for good because of you two irrational kids. It is not fun having to post replies to a young kid who has no clue and who only retorts with arrogant replies."

That's your choice. I have been in this forum since May. I have engaged in many interesting arguments. You are the first to want me out of this forum. Does a troll usually post six months before anyone notices he is a troll?

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins