Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Great Post, Mike

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on October 14, 2002 23:31:00 UTC

Hi Mike,

Yes, I'm back, etc., etc. You said

***We cannot expect to live in peace and prosperity until communication (of true information about justice and cosmology) is greatly enhanced, both in quality and in extent of circulation.***

I think this is exactly right! All the differences I see in this forum, and everywhere else in the world around me, seem to arise from failures in communication. For example, Aurino and I usually agree when we can get down to the meat of any issue, but our "kneejerk" views of your post are diametrically opposed. I think there is no basic disagreement among the three of us on anything you wrote, but I am sure there is a huge amount of misunderstanding.

I think that is a microcosm of all the conversations on this forum, -- and a microcosm of the human condition as a whole.

But, I think there is hope. I think much of the solution to misunderstanding can come out of patient civil discourse. And I think the real bright spot on the horizon is the vast improvement in the "extent of circulation" of ideas, this being provided by the internet, and in particular by John Huggins. John, you make the "smart people's" forum look sick. My hat's off to you.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins