Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
As Larry King Said To Mr. Spock,

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 14, 2002 06:04:10 UTC

What's your question to the forum?
Is it, "who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong?"

The style of your note suggests a cautious habit
and this list has been incautious.
I welcome you and hope you will forgive any seeming presumption, for a person of your disposition may freely post whether welcome or not, far as I know.

Dedicated to understanding space...
the x,y,z...axes are traditional among a few percent of the world. Most are likely to agree with a man who said,"Space and time are a complete puzzle to me. On the other hand, they don't puzzle me at all, for I never think about them."

It is reasonable to me that persons who do not precisely define their terms to a rigorously scientific degree are simply mistaken in all their opinions about most matters...except that their opinions may be valid in a matrix with others who are simply mistaken too.

This is to say that a pack of baboons should be considered correct in their assessment of the world, even if they know nothing of higher thought but what a human shows them. It will influence baboon culture, and they will form opinions about it, but the knowledge never actually arrived as knowledge among the baboons. I am content to let the baboons live, but when I realize the idea extends to humans, I realize any contentment is illusory. Our world is dangerous because most folks have the knowledge level of those baboons, combined with
a much stronger brain and an array of dangerous artifacts. Chimps use sticks and rocks in fighting. I do not think the ability to devise destructive objects is anything but animal urges in a more sophisticated brain. I respect our armed forces and in fact am a veteran, but I also remember that in our free society, the military exists to protect civilians, not for its own sake.

It is true that defense is a noble and honorable calling. It is also true that deception and stampeding tactics sway the world to war on several sides, and avoiding it would require rule by representatives who were not reactionary baboons. I ask, at this point, for anyone who is offended by the term "baboon" to realize that its use in no way would even prevent me from consenting to marriage...it is not an insult or epithet, but a description of a state of affairs wherein I am asserting that more than 95 percent of the planet, including a preponderance of "leaders," don't really know anything at all, but are participants in a matrix of sloppy information which satisfies the common denominator. It is not an insult, but Square One for approaching the question of making a future that works, preferably with a minimum of evil.

So, in conclusion and to summarize my main reason for making all these pixils into letters:

We cannot expect to live in peace and prosperity
until communication (of true information about justice and cosmology) is greatly enhanced, both in quality and in extent of circulation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins