Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Get Out...you Are Giving Me A Headache!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 11, 2002 20:36:56 UTC

That title is just a joke.

I don't mind if you atempt to understand my thoughts (Which is a fruitless exercize, I'm sure you will agree).

"It is very, very difficult for him to question (1) since what his parents want most is for him to accept (1) throughout his life. We know that the effects of compromising (a bit) with (1) can be tramatic -especially at 17. He might risk family tensions, tensions with friends, his church, even the college he might attend and the girls he likes at summer camp. I can sympathize with this. However, at the same time, where is the truth in all of this? What happens to the notion that God is truth? How big of a sacrifice is that?

Okay, the flashlight's off now and I'm out of Sam's head. But, I think what I found in that probe is that Sam needs to have more courage and be more willing to question some 'unquestionable truth'."

Interesting thoughts. Perhaps you should take a look at a quote from a long time ago.

"I am a very skeptical person. I don't just read the Bible and say 'well that part doesn't make any sense at all, but it must be true'. Whenever I have a question about the Bible, or I think the scriptures contradict themselves, I always ask my parents, or someone with a large knowledge of scriptures. And the answer is almost always satisfactory. I say almost because there are some things in the Bible which we will never know why God did it. It does not make sense to us, but it all fits in somehow with God's plan. It's ok to be sceptical of the Bible as long as you ask what you are sceptical about. Don't just say 'well that part doesn't make sense to me so the Bible isn't true'. Ask someone. Ask me. I'm haven't memorized the whole Bible or anything, but I do know alot. And I know people who can find out. KC2GWX 73's"

You can think what you like. I am not one to take information without thinking about it. My parents are not the ones who told me to stand up for creation. I did that myself. My parents would love me all the same if I believed in evolution. We know many people who believe evolution, and it does not really matter. I simply believe evolution to be false.

I am going to clarify something which has confused several before in this forum. My salvation does not at all have anything to do with creation/evolution. You can be (and many are) a christian, and an evolutionist. When those people die, they go to heaven. When I defend creation, I am not defending my salvation, as some had said here before.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins