Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God, Hitler, Moses, Roger Rabbit, And Me (or I)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 11, 2002 01:28:08 UTC

A mental model is offered here. It is not a comprehensive system, but an outline honestly provided.

First, the characters:

God: Our name for the Original Creator of
the parts we like.
Hitler: Extensively catalogued lifetime through films, personal remembrances, his own written works. A guy like any other but raised by a distant but verbally abusive father in one of the most confusing transitional times and places in history (more on that as requested);
deprived of a good education by his youthful mistakes and his lack of social connections,;
achieving his first feeling of success while a warrior,; and who developed serious medical problems which were heavily medicated. His language was one of the few things in common among the citizens of his country, which had been
the intersection for a vast number of the skirmishes and invasions in historical times. Same eye color and years of longevity as Abraham Lincoln.
Lincoln had far fewer years of formal education.

Moses: known to us through a few thousand words
of ancient writings, a few popular electronic products, and huge clouds of conversational embroidering. Proof that individuals can bravely
stand up to authority, with flair and skill, to
achieve something for their group. The ancient Egyptians were apparently stingy employers, yet to their credit, they let Moses come and go from among them safely several times during the times of disagreement.

Roger Rabbit: A Cartoon about whom only a few know the full truth.
When that movie came out, I felt, rather than believed or thought, that the producers were making fun of me. Long ago,
I had been compared to the Pink Panther, but
as I aged I became more like Roger Rabbit is portrayed.
When the movie came out, I had just returned from being in movieland. I registered with Central Casting in Burbank and slept under the bridge entering Burbank 'til they told me to move.
Now, I realize ... it is better not to tell you.

Me (or I) But enough about me. Let's talk about YOu.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins